The route highlights Oman’s natural beauty, and the Haute Route Oman event from 1-3 March 2019 will take riders approximately 370kms with 6,500+ metres of vertical gain on a course that will test stamina and skill with long, high-altitude mountain climbs and sweeping descents. Full course information will be announced in the coming months, but the event will include two classic mass start stages and an individual time trial.
The centrepiece of the Haute Route Oman experience is the magnificent Al Hajar mountain range and the iconic Jebel Akhdar (the Green Mountain), one of the country’s most spectacular locations. The Hajar mountains offer severe and scenic climbs which are every bit the equal of anything in the Alps, Pyrenees, Rockies or Dolomites. Conditions in March will offer ideal mid to low 20°C temperatures.
All the usual ingredients that make the Haute Route events so special will be present in Oman. Riders will get to enjoy a number of premium level services such as mechanical assistance, medical support, feed stations, massages, meals and briefings. And participants will discover the best of what Oman has to offer; its hospitality, traditions and timeless beauty.
Early bird registrations can secure a 15% discount. Click here to register now.
Authentic Arabia: The Sultanate of Oman
• Beautiful and breathtaking beaches, mountains, canyons and deserts provide the setting for world-class hotels and hospitality
• Muscat rated as a ‘must-see’ destination (National Geographic, Lonely Planet)
• Fourth safest country in the world for visitors (2017, World Economic Forum)
• Oman is rated as one of the best dive locations on the planet
• There are direct flights from many major cities to Muscat, the capital of Oman.
Riders and their friends and families are encouraged to travel, explore and experience the Sultanate’s unrivalled hospitality and first-class accommodation either before or after Haute Route Oman.
Haute Route Oman hosts, Oman Sail, can provide a number of tourism packages for riders, friends and families wanting to extend their stay and enjoy the Sultanate. They can advise on any aspect of the event and further countrywide exploration.
Click here for more information.
Hear from recent visitors first hand, here.
REGISTRATION AND PACKAGES
Riders taking part in the Haute Route Oman can choose from two accommodation packages on offer to take their Haute Route experience up a notch.
• The Premium Package at the deluxe 4* Official Event Hotel, the Golden Tulip Nizwa, located at the foot of Jebel Akhdar. This recently renovated hotel, built in the traditional Omani style, will host the race village, social functions, post event services such as massages and lunch, as well as the riders’ briefing each evening and the closing ceremony
• The Standard Package at the 3* Nizwa Hotel Apartments, easily accessible by bike from the Official Event Hotel where the riders’ services will be hosted, offer two-bedroom apartments with kitchen facilities and en suite bathrooms. Breakfast will be served in the hotel for all riders that are resident in the apartments. Other meals are available at the restaurant next to the hotel.
YOUR HOST: OMAN SAIL
Over the past 10 years Oman Sail has helped put the Sultanate of Oman on the global sporting map with a series of highly successful events including the Al Mouj Muscat Marathon, the Trans Hajar mountain bike race, the Louis Vuitton America’s Cup World Series, and the award-winning Extreme Sailing Series. The world-class event organiser has also just added the prestigious OMAN by UTMB® trail-running event to the country’s sports tourism offerings.